There are many benefits to gain from Adaptahaus. They are listed below:
- It is innovative,
- It is an engineering alternative to archaic house construction
- It allows for efficient, quality controlled, pre-fabrication
- It minimizes waste
- It is energy efficient
- It is much safer to build on site
- The house will be delivered to a completely finished site with all hard landscaping in place and bolted together on to prefixed and leveled anchor bolts. The house will be weathertight within 1 week and fitted with fixed furnishings (kitchen and bathrooms) and commissioned within a further 2 weeks.
- Training schemes will be set up to educate the work force in new production and installation methods
- This system of “complete” off-site fabrication is better understood in other parts of Europe, it is likely that Adaptahaus will have export potential
- Quality accreditations are being pursued (and will be achieved); Code for Sustainable Homes, Passiv Haus.
- Once production line processes are established then Manufacturing Best Practices will be established incorporating on and off site based training, Investors in People.
- CAD Design will be networked with UK suppliers to assist the efficient design and procurement of the building components
- Chains of custody for components and materials will limit negative environmental impact
- The steel framed build with clamped in place panels will be “earthquake proof”
For bespoke, individually designed and hand crafted metalwork to complement your house and garden...
The first adaptahaus has
VIEW THE CONSTRUCTION
31st October 2011
Adaptahaus revisited on Grand Designs (broadcast on 23rd November 2011)
13th October 2011
Adaptahaus shortlisted for LABC Award for The Best Innovation in Construction.
SEE MORE ARTICLES
Website Design Cumbria: Designworks